IAAMB/ACWT offers liability insurance for members.
The ABMP, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals have accepted the IAAMB/ACWT as a Corporate Member. Now that we are part of a large aggregate of over 7000 policyholders we can get a better group rate price and better coverage. This is the new coverage:
The ABMP/ASCP occurrence-form liability policy provides coverage for each individual member’s human and animal massage and bodywork for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage up to the below limits.
|PRODUCTS – COMP/OP AGGREGATE||$3,000,000|
|PERSONAL & ADVERTISING INJURY||$2,000,000|
(Damage to Premises Rented to Premises Rented to You)
You must be a member of the IAAMB or IAAMB/ACWT and be able to document a minimum of 100 hours of training in human or animal massage and bodywork to participate in this program. You must fill out the new ABMP application and be accepted by them for their insurance. The ABMP will collect your insurance policy fees and will respond to all inquiries regarding your coverage and claims. You can view the information about the ABMP at http://www.abmp.com. This insurance covers both human and animal massage. Please contact a Member Services Representatives at 800-458-2267
- Your ABMP insurance premium is paid to the ABMP, not IAAMB. It is a separate billing.
- The new premium for your insurance is $175.00 per year. This is in addition to your annual IAAMB membership dues.
- You must maintain your membership in the IAAMB to be able to purchase this insurance.
- You must submit your completed ABMP insurance application to the ABMP for their consideration and acceptance. To receive the discount price you must let the ABMP know that you are a member of the IAAMB/ACWT. The ABMP is unable to refund fees to those who fail to ask for their IAAMB membership discount.
- There are now professional requirements for this liability insurance. You must furnish documentation for a minimum of 100 hours of training to the ABMP.
- This will be the policy that you will be purchasing on your next membership/insurance anniversary.
If you cannot meet the 100 hour training requirement you can still purchase the Hands-on Trade Association Policy. You will work directly with Hands-on (http://www.handsontrade.com). The IAAMB is no longer facilitating Hands-on insurance processing.
- This insurance is available for U.S. residents.
- This insurance is available for IAAMB members only.
About the new Canadian insurance program
The IAAMB, in partnership with HED Insurance and Risk Services, is proud to provide IAAMB members with exclusive access to a customized commercial insurance plan.
HED understands the need for a personalized insurance plan for your business. As one of the largest Canadian owned insurance brokerage and risk management firms, HED has the resources and expertise to deliver the most complete line of insurance solutions available.
HED offers quality programs, a refined distribution system and supporting computer systems tailored to your individual needs. Through dedication in building these components and associated relationships, HED has become established as one of the leading marketers and administrator providers of commercial insurance programs in the country.
The IAAMB insurance program is designed for members to assist them in securing financial protection for themselves and their businesses.
See the Announcement Fact Sheet.
Liability insurance for Canadians
A couple of years ago, the US Hands-on insurance company that we were using for liability insurance informed us that it could no longer cover Canadian members. This coincided with a change in the Canadian laws that made it difficult to write insurance policies across borders. US companies cannot cover non-US citizens. Insurance companies have to be residents of Canada.
For over a year there was no insurance available. We searched and searched until we finally found a Canadian company who was willing to offer any liability insurance at all. The insurance company that we found is the only one who was willing to cover complementary therapies, especially dealing with equine work. We were happy to have been able to get any level of liability insurance we could for Canadians. Unfortunately, with the Canadian firm, it is at the substantially higher rate than in the US.
The IAAMB does not profit at all from the insurance. We make it available to whoever wants it as a service to our members.
We have also inquired about, and attempted to secure, liability insurance for practitioners in Ireland, France, Brazil, and other countries.