IAAMB/ACWT offers liability insurance for members.
The ABMP, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals have accepted the IAAMB/ACWT as a Corporate Member. Now that we are part of a large aggregate of over 7000 policyholders we can get a better group rate price and better coverage. This is the new coverage:
The ABMP/ASCP occurrence-form liability policy provides coverage for each individual member’s human and animal massage and bodywork for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage up to the below limits.
|PRODUCTS – COMP/OP AGGREGATE||$3,000,000|
|PERSONAL & ADVERTISING INJURY||$2,000,000|
(Damage to Premises Rented to Premises Rented to You)
You must be a member of the IAAMB or IAAMB/ACWT and be able to document a minimum of 100 hours of training in human or animal massage and bodywork to participate in this program. You must fill out the new ABMP application and be accepted by them for their insurance. The ABMP will collect your insurance policy fees and will respond to all inquiries regarding your coverage and claims. You can view the information about the ABMP at http://www.abmp.com. This insurance covers both human and animal massage. Please contact a Member Services Representatives at 800-458-2267
- Your ABMP insurance premium is paid to the ABMP, not IAAMB. It is a separate billing.
- The new premium for your insurance is $175.00 per year. This is in addition to your annual IAAMB membership dues.
- You must maintain your membership in the IAAMB to be able to purchase this insurance.
- You must submit your completed ABMP insurance application to the ABMP for their consideration and acceptance. To receive the discount price you must let the ABMP know that you are a member of the IAAMB/ACWT. The ABMP is unable to refund fees to those who fail to ask for their IAAMB membership discount.
- There are now professional requirements for this liability insurance. You must furnish documentation for a minimum of 100 hours of training to the ABMP.
- This will be the policy that you will be purchasing on your next membership/insurance anniversary.
If you cannot meet the 100 hour training requirement you can still purchase the Hands-on Trade Association Policy. You will work directly with Hands-on (http://www.handsontrade.com). The IAAMB is no longer facilitating Hands-on insurance processing.
- This insurance is available for U.S. residents.
- This insurance is available for IAAMB members only.
Canadian insurance program
1 Valleywood Drive, Suite 100
Markham, ON, L3R 5L9
Please contact Holman for information regarding their insurance coverage.
Liability insurance for the United Kingdom
BGi.eu Insurance/Risk Management
SN7 7HU (UK)
Tel: +34 91 114 04 96
Please contact BGi.eu for information regarding their insurance coverage.
We have also inquired about, and attempted to secure, liability insurance for practitioners in Ireland, France, Brazil, and other countries.