Benefits Of Membership
We are a professional community that provides and teaches the traditional values and techniques of holistic, complementary and alternative massage and bodywork for animals. We are dedicated to promoting, advancing and growing the practice of animal massage and bodywork through education, establishing industry standards and building an international network of support.
- Develop a nationally accepted job description
- Create a national uniform scope of practice
- Support national competency assurance testing and accreditation
- Publish a peer-reviewed journal to advance the growth and development of animal massage with documentation, research papers and discussion
- Grow as an organization to be the preeminent responsible voice for our professional community
The International Association of Animal Massage and Bodywork (aka IAAMB) was initally established in 2000 to create a community of people and schools with some common goals: helping animals find greater quality of life through complementary, alternative and holistic practices, helping to promote and professionalize the animal massage and bodywork industry, developing forum in which practitioners of many disciplines could interact, network and support each other.
The association grew slowly at first. By 2002 it had only 45 members. By 2003, it had 100. In 2004-05 it more than doubled in membership to close to 250. In 2009, the IAAMB welcomed the Association of Canine Water Therapy (ACWT) into its fold. Creating the IAAMB/ACWT as it’s known to over 400 members today. Read More >>>
Our Code of Ethics
All IAAMB/ACWT members are required to agree to a Code of Ethics/Standards of Practice. If you’re a member of the public looking for an IAAMB/ACWT member to work with your animal(s), you can be assured that our members will adhere to this code. Read More >>>